Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OT: New diaphragm

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member LOUDER's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2010
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    OT: New diaphragm

    While surfing the Eminence website, I came across a new driver that they have to offer with a carbon film diaphragm. Its the 314 x-8. Comparable to a beryllium but at a fraction of the cost. I wish I could post a link. Look it up on the Eminence website.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Last edited by bowtie427ss; March 9th, 2020 at 09:23 PM.
    Not all vegetables make good leaders.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: New diaphragm

    looks interesting. 'TeXtreme' CF material.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Elitopus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2015
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,069
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: OT: New diaphragm

    And the diaphragm looks cool too. It has that CF bling bling. Haha

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: New diaphragm

    Quote Originally Posted by Elitopus1 View Post
    And the diaphragm looks cool too. It has that CF bling bling. Haha
    Yup. Too tempting to touch it. I wanna touch it!

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: New diaphragm


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT: New diaphragm

    I've heard a few carbon fiber diaphragms.
    IMHO somewhere between the PET type diaphragms and beryllium. I don't know if I would agree with comparable to beryllium.

    Both are light and stiff.

    The carbon fiber will flex differently- they are certainly going to be different in breakup mode.
    On a 4 inch diaphragm, much of the perceived HF is from breakup.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.